Friday, January 11, 2013

I love Japanese films. Or Japanese things in general.


Watched Aruiteru Aruiteru (translation: Still Walking) today, it was a really great film. Been meaning to elaborate on the thoughts I've scribbled down while watching it, but became extremely restless towards the end of the day and therefore never got to it.

The past two days have been odd like that, I feel like I'm in a cage which is my body. There's something wanting to be let out but I just don't know what. So I took a walk in the park and went in rounds while messaging Sarah about (ghosts? and unreal things) till I lost count. Saw a cute couple (the girl was really pretty), a cute kid with a familiar face that I can't recall. The need to get out of the house is so extremely rare for my case, so today's walk can speak for itself.

I squirmed around in bed and screamed a little yesterday.

Speaking of which, there are also many things in Chungking express I would like to talk about. And speaking of which, the past week has been completely unproductive. I thought I watched Chungking only a few days ago when it has already been a week and a half. I'll rewatch Chungking though, was feeling restless that day as well. Something's just wrong with me lately.

-

I prefer watching films at home, on the computer because you can:

1) put the thing on rewind when you can't hear them properly

2) replay the scenes/lines you like countless times

3) take screenshots

4) jot down your thoughts. You don't get to write notes on your phone next to movie-goers who will murder you for having a light emitting device in your hands.

No comments: